Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I have been itching to pen down couple of [??] interresting incidents those have occured, since I have landed here in the ultimate destination of every desi, the bay area. These things need really really elaborate posts and effort and its more likely that I would get flamed. But what the heck this is my space and hit Alt+F4 if you even get the slightest doubt that you might not appreciate the contents ..

So here is an episode that happened two days ago - I was getting back home and had to pick something for dinner. There is one mexican place on El Kamino here and they serve some nice grilled chicken. So decided I go there. Interpreting makka accent or maybe its the problem with all these eateries ..so here is how the conversation went ..

Disclaimer : No mexicans or chickens were harmed while writing this article. Two pints of Corona extra were consumed by author while he wrote this post.

Participants -
Me : Yours Truely
Makki: Fat unattractive mexican chick referred by the common derogatory racial slang [used only by desis] here. [ I belive no mexicans read this blog till this day ]

Me: [ Since I can read, and english writing doesnt have accent thankfully. Deciding which thing to choose from ]

Makki: *(&#*$&#*^***
Me : .....? !!....
Me : Id have two pcs of chicken and two sides with it. Id have a corn cobette and french fries
Makki: *(&#*$&#*^*** tortila *((* [ Corn or flour tortilla? ]
Me : Yeah Tortilla ..
Makki: ?

Makki: [ Sure by now that I have a hearing problem and enacting what she is saying, like they used to do on the Doordarshan news on sunday for the hearing impaired ]

Makki: What part of the chicken [ This i could hear ]. The leg [ poiting at her leg while lifting it a bit ], the thigh [ Doing what pehelwans do in akhada ] or the breast [I dont remember this part]
Me : [ To cut it fast ] Legs
Makki: [ Although I said I wanted corn and fries for sides,you know how this army of robots works ].
Makki: [ Sticking to her beliefs about her new FOB customer ]
Makki: What would you like for sides [ pointing at the various sides available on a piece of paper ]
Me : [ Hurriedly, worried ], Fries and Corn
Makki: You want "French fries" and "Corn cobette" ?
Me : [ "Hurriedlest" ] Yeah Yeah
Makki: **(#*(***** [0-9]* $
Me : Thank you

But I like the chicken they have ...so much for food in this country man.

No comments: